Monday, 5 March 2012

Cover Art for Summer of the Eagles!

Hurrah! I received the wonderful cover art for tween book, Summer of the Eagles, this morning. I'm so delighted with the picture on the cover as it shows the girl, Stevie, in the Scottish hills, and one of the eagles flying near by. It fits the story so well that I can't wait until it's published in ebook soon.


Here's the blurb for the book as a wee taster!

Summer of the Eagles

Thirteen year old Stephanie (Stevie) loses her parents in a terrible accident, leaving her lame. Stevie’s dreams of running for Scotland are over. No longer able to cope with Stevie’s moods, Gran sends her to an aunt on a Scottish island.

Although Stevie gradually makes new friends and discovers an interest in the bird sanctuary, she soon falls into danger from two bird poachers intent on harming the eagles.

A strange boy in the hills helps Stevie. Could he have anything to do with the eagles or the painted rocks and legends of the island?

Ros

13 comments:

  1. The cover is lovely, Rosemary. It makes you feel you would like to be there enjoying the freedom and fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Gwen. I'm hoping the eagle will provide a question as to why it is there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover Ros! I know a teenager who will be as keen as myself to read this Scottish tale. The best of luck - you won't need it. Tango Queen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for that lovely comment, Tango Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really the love the cover!! So glad it's now arrived and can't wait to read the book:) Well done! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Vikki - I'm so glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover, Rosemary. And the book looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cover, Rosemary - and it sounds like my sort of book, as well! Do you remember all those wonderful Enid Blyton 'adventure' books? I used to be completely obsessed by them when I was young. This sounds as though it's aimed at a slightly older readership, but I still remember the magic of reading books set in the countryside when I was still living in smoky Leeds, back then!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Jenny!

    Hi Catherine - yes! I mention Enid Blyton in this book, although this is for the 10-14 age group. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very intriguing tale. I know the younger set will love it, as will I.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julie - thanks for commenting here! Have you noticed today's blog post (scroll to the top of the blog) where the party is going on and you can see the trailer?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you are enjoying your launch day Rosemary, and not having too many (virtual) drinks!. The book sounds great and I can't wait to read it; it's already made me so reminiscent of my childhood holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi everybody! I am the author of cover art, rather the photo of girl between the hills (without that awful eagle, of course). If you want to have this picture as your desktop wallpaper, you can buy it for as low as 2$ in high resolution at one of photo stock sites below:
    http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-19416194-harmony-of-life.php
    depositphotos.com/8876680/stock-photo-Walking-the-way-of-life.html
    http://www.fotolia.com/id/38644594
    http://www.dreamstime.com/earning_det.php?imageid=23147759
    http://www.shutterstock.com/cat.mhtml?gallery_id=609175&safesearch=0&prev_sort_method=newest&sort_method=popular&page=1#id=94155481&src=78a33b7a55c82edc92fba24356756b63-1-35

    Thanx.

    ReplyDelete