Thursday, 1 September 2011

Welcome to Flights of Imagination

A warm welcome to anyone who stops by my new blog! Flights of Imagination is going to celebrate children's writing for all ages - from the newest books being written and published at the moment, to those well-loved picture books, comics and novels that still have a special place on our shelves. Hopefully, some great children's authors will come and talk about their books.

My own Tween novel for 10-14 years, 'Summer of the Eagles', is due to be published in March 2012, from MuseItUp Publishing in Canada and I'm excited about it already. It's part adventure, part fantasy and is set on a Scottish island. As you might expect, it's also about eagles, one of my favourite birds. Others are also mentioned as two of the main characters, Stevie and David, help out in the local bird sanctuary.

But the other main character, Karig, is definitely not like the other young people, as Stevie finds out. Then she gets in the way of two nasty men who intend to harm the eagles. What happens on the island that summer? You'll have to wait until March to find out!

Ros

16 comments:

  1. Yes, nice blog, Ros. A question - is Summer of the Eagles going to appear as a paperback in the UK? You'll realise why I ask because I don't think younger kids take to Kindle etc. and US publishers seem to have difficulty organising UK print versions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roseanne - thanks for visiting so quickly!

    Hello Bill - it comes out in ebook first. But my Canadian publisher then decides on print or not, and I keep the print rights if not. So I'll take it from there! I know of at least one local school here (private) whose kids all have e-readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog Ros. I love the idea, the pictures - and the words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blog looks great;love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scotland and eagles and someone extraordinary named Karig.... I think I'm going to like your book a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gill - thanks for that! Glad you like it.

    Hello Vikki - thank you. Hope your YA novel will get published and be on it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anne - thanks a lot for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the blog and the sound of your book, will look out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rosemary!
    What a lovely new blog. Brilliant news about your book, congratulations, that's very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello penandpaints - thanks a lot for visiting with such a lovely comment, and for following! I'm getting quite excited about my tween novel as it's one I always hoped to see published one day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the new book, Rosemary and be sure to remind us when release day comes. Love the new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Marley - thanks a lot for visiting here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a lovely blog, Rosemary and it's good to see fiction for children highlighted.

    ReplyDelete